gzz-dev

[Gzz] Re: Fenfire @ Assembly'03 ?

From: Asko Soukka
Subject: [Gzz] Re: Fenfire @ Assembly'03 ?
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 12:02:24 +0300

Tero wrote,
> > Is anyone else of us besides me coming to Assembly
> > <http://www.assembly.org/> this year (next weekend)?
> For the first time in 10 years, I'm not! :-)

I hope that someone is still promoting / selling your new record there :-)
I've still got a couple of more years to reach that 10...

> > I wonder, if Tuomas fancy trying to keep a Fenfire -seminar there?-)
> That's a good idea, though anyone else but Rob Hubbard might have some
> trouble drawing in a huge crowd of listeners.  I'd guess that the people
> who attended the seminars most actively were game development
> professionals or the like. But who knows, I'm sure there are a lot of
> free software-minded Assembly-goers out there, you just have to find a way
> to tell them there's a seminar there for them too.

AFAIK we wouldn't mind to get comments and ideas from those professionals.
Tuomas proposed the next year. Well, maybe it's good then, because then we
should have already working applications (FenPDF, Mindmap...). Not only wild
ideas, fancy looking demos and promises.

Anyway, Assembly could be a place to search for people to work for LibVob Win32
translation, for example.

> You could try to get a spot on AsmTV as well, for example presenting the
> Lego controllers.. :-) They'd love it.

Too bad that I seem to be the only goer and I don't visit Jyväskylä before the
event.

Also the next year...

> > The rules of Wild compo have been altered in favor of computer/machine
> > based entries. We could have an entry next year, if we'll just remember
> > that in time.
> What kind of computer-based wild demo did you have in mind?

Tuukka has been spoken years about making GZigZag / Gzz / Fenfire demo. I'm not
sure how it should look like, but if it had your background music, it must to
get on the screen :-)

Well, in the worst case it could be another boring home video, where Matti
Meikäläinen completes his MT using FenPDF...

-Asko