gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Re: Fenfire @ Assembly'03 ?

From: Tuukka Hastrup
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Re: Fenfire @ Assembly'03 ?
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 13:24:01 +0300 (EEST)

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Asko Soukka wrote:
> > You could try to get a spot on AsmTV as well, for example presenting the
> > Lego controllers.. :-) They'd love it.
>
> Too bad that I seem to be the only goer and I don't visit Jyväskylä
> before the event.
>
> Also the next year...

I would like to go as well, and I could bring a controller with me. But we
wouldn't have a demo application nor a GL-capable laptop, so that speaks
for postponing to next year.

> > > The rules of Wild compo have been altered in favor of computer/machine
> > > based entries. We could have an entry next year, if we'll just remember
> > > that in time.
> > What kind of computer-based wild demo did you have in mind?
>
> Tuukka has been spoken years about making GZigZag / Gzz / Fenfire demo.
> I'm not sure how it should look like, but if it had your background
> music, it must to get on the screen :-)

I wonder if Fenfire would be the first application program to get on the
screen :-) Clearly the demo wouldn't be a traditional one, and I didn't
read the wild demo guidelines as stopping one from using normal PC
hardware.

Don't you think simply making a demo dataset and autobrowsing around a
predefined track would look interesting enough? The dataset could explain
the concepts and effects as usually.

If we start with the new OpenGL effects of Fenfire, it could take the
audience a while to figure out what we're up to ;-) Perhaps using a PP
canvas for a scroller would be something new, with the generated
background, the tearing effect, buoys, and fillets.

Some part of the audience could be interested in the P2P features as well.

> Well, in the worst case it could be another boring home video, where
> Matti Meikäläinen completes his MT using FenPDF...

Ok, this could be Plan B :-) But I'd propose Matti Katila instead.

--
-- Trying to catch me? Just follow up my Electric Fingerprints
-- To help you: address@hidden