gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] InBCT-2.1-report-2003-08.txt

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] InBCT-2.1-report-2003-08.txt
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 10:12:52 +0300

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 09:59:10AM +0300, Asko Soukka wrote:
> > FM Hermanni Hyytiälä
>
> How closely Hermanni's MT was related to STORM and Fenfire? Is it worth to be
> mentioned in reports like that?

For Finnish Academy, yes. For Tekes, possibly not (companies sometimes
react negatively to theses, and sometimes theses are mailed to companies
with the main page changed to "report")

> >- Navidoc -UML-työkalumme on otettu käyttöön projektissamme ja siitä
> >  on julkaistu posteri HyperText '03 -konferenssissa
>
> Should we mention more spesific that Navidoc is about enhancing project's
> documentation? It's surely not described anywhere. "-- on otettu käyttöön
> projektimme dokumentoinnissa--"

Good catch.

> >- LEGO-ohjaimet
>
> Why isn't the poster about LEGO-controllers good enough to be mentioned?-)

Ah, forgot to mention this.

> >- Kuvien vuorovaikutteinen lataus
>
> What is this about? I seem to have missed something recently...

It's mostly behind the scenes - the only thing you see is that
when you move around in the structure, there's a LOT of page images,
far more than your machine's memory could fit.

> > Olemme kuitenkin suuntaamassa hankettamme mm. Nokialta tulleen palautteen
> > mukaiseksi: erityinen pyyntö oli tutkia käyttöliittymiemme toimintaa
> > pienellä näytöllä sekä erilaisten ohjainten mukaan ottoa.
>
> So, we haven't anything yet for the first Nokia's request? (about how GUI
> will on small displays) At least we could test, how our textures would work
> on small displays (how small fragment of a texture is enought to make it
> recognizable). On small display a document's title won't even fit on the
> screen to identify the document, but a fragment of texture could work. Could
> be that display resolutions aren't yet good enough, but propably they will...

Yes, and we need to. But this is about what we have done.

I've changed the explanation to express that these are related
and that the controllers are very useful for small screens.

> Hmm... in the spring I was talking about using shadowing method in our tests.
> I was about to get the original article describing the method (AFAIK), but
> becuse library's storage order service was new to me I forgot to get the
> volume in time.. :-) I'll try again next week.

Shadowing method? You mean disturbing the user while doing a task?

        Tuomas