gzz-dev

[Gzz] Re: InBCT-2.1-report-2003-08.txt

From: Asko Soukka
Subject: [Gzz] Re: InBCT-2.1-report-2003-08.txt
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 12:52:31 +0300

>> Olemme kuitenkin suuntaamassa hankettamme mm. Nokialta tulleen palautteen
>> mukaiseksi: erityinen pyyntö oli tutkia käyttöliittymiemme toimintaa
>> pienellä näytöllä sekä erilaisten ohjainten mukaan ottoa.
>So, we haven't anything yet for the first Nokia's request? (about how GUI will
>on small displays) At
>least we could test, how our textures would work on small displays (how small
>fragment of a texture
>is enought to make it recognizable). On small display a document's title won't
>even fit on the screen
>to identify the document, but a fragment of texture could work. Could be that
>display resolutions
>aren't yet good enough, but propably they will...

Kind of an analogy: At Pori Jazz festival this year I met a friend who got a
new SonyErickson's mobile phone with a camera. As a demonstration, he took a
photo of me and set it to indentify my calls. So, if I call my friend now on,
my photo will flash on his phone's screen to identify my call. Don't need to
convince that recognizing my face is faster than recognizing my name. AFAIK,
face recognition is one of the first things that human learn after birth.

Although, AFAIK, face recognition is so spesific that it's even neurologically
distinct from other pattern recognition.

-Asko