Re: [Health] Updating patient conditions

From: Khurram Shahzad
Subject: Re: [Health] Updating patient conditions
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 10:02:46 +0500

Dear Luis,

The concept of conditions is very nice but it is very tedious for doctors to use it specially where there is so much load of patients. I have following come across following observations from doctors regarding conditions:

1. The very first evaluation, in which the doctor diagnosed the condition, should also appear in the 'Related Evaluation' section of condition.

2. There should be some quick method for creating a condition from Patient Evaluation. For example, we can have a button 'Create & Link Condition' and when the doctor clicks this button, a condition is opened with some fields like diagnosis already filled. Doctors simply have to enter some more details for this condition and save it.

3. In Patient Evaluation form, the doctor can see and select the condition only when visit type is 'Follow up'. At times, the visit type is not correctly set and hence doctors don't see condition field and hence miss it. I think, the condition field should always be there to avoid this situation.

Submitted for further brain-storming.

Best Regards,
Khurram Shahzad.

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 3:46 AM, Luis Falcon <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear Armand

On Wed, 31 Jan 2018 12:09:30 +0000 (UTC)
Armand MPASSY-NZOUMBA <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi community,
> What's the most effective way to update the conditions of a patient
> after an evaluation?Let's take this case: 1/ Patient Ana
> Betz2/Patient evaluationAfter an evaluation the doctor diagnostic is:
> Cholera It is registered in Ana Betz's evaluation3/Condition4/The new
> patient conditions is not automatically updated after signing the
> evaluation. The new condition will not appear in Ana Betz
> conditions.5/I have to enter it again as a new condition. My
> question:Is there a way to automatically update the patient's
> condition without adding it manually?

Thanks for the feedback !

The conditions shown at the patient history summary are the main,
medical relevant health conditions, that the health professional
decides to place them in the history.

There is not a 1-to-1 relationship between health evaluation
and the condition. For example, a well-child-visit evaluation will not
be stored in the patient condition if there no relevant Dx from it.

What is important are the follow-up visits / evaluations of a specific
health condition, both physiological states (eg, normal pregnancy)
and on pathological conditions (eg, chronic diseases).

Taking your scenario, imagine you diagnose a patient with cholera.
This is a serious condition that should be on the patient history, so
after the evaluation you enter it on the patient history, with its
attributes.

Next time you evaluate the patient, you want to create a "FOLLOW-UP"
evaluation, so you don't create a new case, and break statistics /
epidemiological reports.

At the moment that you create a follow-up visit, you will see a new
field, that will allow you to select the condition you want to follow
up, from the patient conditions list.

Hope this helps.

Let me know your thoughts

All the best