[Heartlogic-dev] Re: bibtex db?

From: William L. Jarrold
Subject: [Heartlogic-dev] Re: bibtex db?
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 14:26:16 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 12:46:43AM -0600, William L. Jarrold wrote:
> > On Sun, 23 Nov 2003, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> > > Can you email me your bibtex database?
> >
> > no bc it doesn't exist!  just a .text version.  want that?  maybe
> > it is already in the diss, i can't remember.
>
> Seriously?!  :-)

Yes.

> > > I've been formatting citations by hand but yesterday I decided
> > > that I must be crazy not to use bibtex.
> >
> > yes.  i need to figure out how to teach bibtex to format
> > in the anal format of the amercian psychological association.
> > then i'll need to convert my .text biblio file into bibtex
> > format.  you are welcome to help (-:
>
> Heh, then I might as well whip something up .. !

Well, if you are going to do this let me know.

Btw, I am not traveling this Thanksgiving.  There is a chance
that I'll get to revising my dissertation.  Nothing major will
change but just thought I'd let you know.

Here's what I'll do this break...If I work on anything diss related
it won't be the biblio, it will be revisions to the actual text.
If you get to the biblio before xmass, then please let me know.
Else I'll probably forget about the possibility that you might
do the biblio and I'll do it myself over xmass at earliest.

> > also, check out www.citeseer.[i forget, .com, .net, .org??]
> > it is a huge ever growing database of citations. who knows,
> > perhaps many of my biblio entries are already formated at
> > citeseer.
>
> Yup.  I've known about citeseer for a few years.  It's
> really cool.
>
> > i'm looking forward to adding my own fields to my bibtex db.
> > fields that do stuff like record, "how much of the article
> > have i read?", or "what did i think of it." or "where does it
> > fit into my research?"
>
> Yes, I was thinking the same thing.

Cool.  If you figure out the incantations to do this PLEASE tell me.

Bill