help-3dldf

[help-3dldf] Re: Web animations

From: L. Nobre G.
Subject: [help-3dldf] Re: Web animations
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 17:33:45 +0100 (WEST)

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005, Laurence Finston wrote:

> I did this just by trying to imitate what one of your scripts from the
> ANEEMATE distribution does.  The system I was using doesn't have `mpost',
> so I wasn't able to generate the examples.  The `mv1' file included in
> the subdirectory was played back correctly.

Probably your problem is related with bad encoding parameters.
These parameters are contained in a file, say encode.Params.
The encoding is done with the command
ppmtompeg encode.Params
Suppose you have 10 images named f.01, f.02, .... f.09, f.10 in the
"frames" subdirectory. You parameters should look like
OUTPUT                   movie.m1v
INPUT_DIR                frames
BASE_FILE_FORMAT         PNM
INPUT_CONVERT            *
SLICES_PER_FRAME         1
PIXEL                    FULL
RANGE                    10
PSEARCH_ALG              EXHAUSTIVE
BSEARCH_ALG              CROSS2
IQSCALE                  16
PQSCALE                  16
BQSCALE                  16
REFERENCE_FRAME          DECODED
FORCE_ENCODE_LAST_FRAME  TRUE
PATTERN                  IPB
GOP_SIZE                 3

INPUT
f.* [01-10]
END_INPUT
But your images should have a standard size (320x240 or 640x480).
Anyhow this rather old. Shift to "mencoder" (gstreamer: gst-launch,
ImageMagick: animate, are other, less powerfull, possibilities).

> On another topic, a few weeks ago I had a more thorough browse through
> your web pages.  You've done many interesting things with MetaPost, and
> they're quite different from what I've done, using tools I've never used.
> I found the idea of scanning photos and converting the bitmap data to MP
> very interesting.  Someday I'd like to try using this method to scan plans
> and elevations and convert them to 3DLDF.

Plans AND elevations into 3DLDF? Do you mean photogrammetry??!!

Greetings

Lu\'{\i}s Nobre Gon\c{c}alves - http://matagalatlante.org