help-3dldf

[help-3dldf] 3dldf Install trouble (kubuntu)

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: [help-3dldf] 3dldf Install trouble (kubuntu)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 13:21:40 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

> I get this two lines :)
> (easy to fix)
> points.web:7251: error: extra qualification 'Compare_Angles::' on
> member 'operator()'
> points.web:7313: error: extra qualification 'Compare_Points::' on
> member 'operator()'

Thanks for pointing this out.  I've fixed it in my sources, uploaded a new
version of `points.web' to Savannah, and a new snapshot to Savannan and
the other server where I put snapshots.

> but then I get this other two :'(
> (I can't trace the declaration; I don't understand CWeb)
> scanprse.web: In function 'void* Scan_Parse::parse_func(void*)':
> scanprse.web:451: error: 'yyparse' was not declared in this scope

`yyparse' is generated by GNU Bison from the file `parser.w' and the
other files with the extension `.w', which are included in `parser.w'.
This error probably means that Bison failed for some reason.   The
first thing to do would be to try calling `make parser.o'.  If this
doesn't work, delete all of the files with the name `parser' _except_
for `parser.w'.  Then call `make parser.o' again.  If this doesn't
work, I suggest calling `make clean' and trying to build from scratch
again.  If it still doesn't work, please send me the complete terminal
output from `make install' or whatever command you're using.  `make
ldf' does less than `make install' and is sufficient for building the
executable.

Someone had a similar problem installing on a Debian GNU/Linux system.  I
don't know whether he (or she) eventually succeeded.  You might want to
have a look at the thread:

[help-3dldf] Re: The compilling of 3DLDF failed on Debian Sid.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-3dldf/2007-03/threads.html

Laurence