Re: Fwd: Re: speed-up parsing

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: speed-up parsing
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 11:20:16 +0200

[Please keep the CC to <address@hidden>.]

At 10:08 +0200 2002/06/19, Christian Kristukat wrote:
>I would be happy to have some predefined variables, but I can't do without
>nested functions. Could this already speed up the thing?
>
>I must admit that this is my first contact to parsers and I don't understand
>much of it. I was quite fascinated how easy it is to implement a function
>calculator. I combined it with a least-squares fit procedure and I noticed
>that the parser was much to slow to work with.

We do not have much input on how you want to use your stuff. Why, in your
least-squares implementation, do you need to your parser several times?

Also, you should consider how far you want to go with your parser: If you
just want to work with it a few weeks more, then you should try to find
some simplifications. But if you want to successively build it out
something more "professional", then the "closure" building is the way to go.

  Hans Aberg
                  * Email: Hans Aberg <mailto:address@hidden>
                  * Home Page: <http://www.matematik.su.se/~haberg/>