Re: incorrect yychar for unambiguous GLR

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: incorrect yychar for unambiguous GLR
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 23:07:43 -0800

"Joel E. Denny" <address@hidden> writes:

> 3. I tend to follow the usual LaTeX and HTML coding style: one line break
> after a sentence, two line breaks after a paragraph.  This makes editing
> much easier for me: it's easier to reorder sentences, and it's easier to
> fix line-wrapping after editing. I did this in the text I edited in this
> patch, but this isn't the current style.  Why?

Most likely, it's because Emacs does it that way when you type Escape-q.

> Either way, the resulting ".info" file looks fine.

Yes.  It's no big deal either way.

> Thanks.
>
> Joel
>
> 2006-01-10  Joel E. Denny  <address@hidden>
>
>       * doc/bison.texinfo: Fix some typos.
>       (GLR Semantic Actions): New subsection discussing special
>       considerations because GLR semantic actions might be deferred.
>       (Actions): Mention look-ahead usage of yylval.
>       (Actions and Locations): Mention look-ahead usage of yylloc.
>       (Special Features for Use in Actions): Add YYEOF entry and mention it
>       in the yychar entry.
>       In the yychar entry, remove mention of the local yychar case (pure
>       parser) since this is irrelevant information when writing semantic

> +This raises caveats for several bison features you might use in a semantic

bison -> Bison

> +Variable containing the look-ahead token.
> +When there is no look-ahead token, the value @code{YYEMPTY} is stored in the
> +variable.
> +When the look-ahead is the end of the input stream, the value @code{YYEOF} is
> +stored in the variable.

Some wordsmithing is needed here.  Perhaps change to:

Variable containing either the look-ahead token, or @code{YYEOF} when
the look-ahead is the end of the input stream, or @code{YYEMPTY} when
no look-ahead has been performed so the next token is not yet known.