Re: How to use our own token ?

From: Aurelien Tran
Subject: Re: How to use our own token ?
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 18:11:53 -0800 (PST)

Hans Aberg wrote:

> On 28 Jan 2010, at 07:34, Aurelien Tran wrote:
>
>> I have my own lexer which is returning me a token_type identifier
>> define as
>> follow:
>>
>>  namespace mynamespace {
>>    enum token_type {
>>      mytoken1 = 123,
>>      mytoken2 = 456,
>>      mytoken3 = 789
>>    };
>>  }
>> When I tried to write the parser, how do I need to write the bison
>> script to
>> use my token system ?
>
> Use 'bison --defines' - see manual or 'bison --help', which then
> writes a header .tab.h, which contains stuff like:
>    enum yytokentype {
>       token_error = 258,
>       help_key = 259,
>       quit_key = 260,
>    }
>
> Include this header in the lexer file, and use those names.
>
>    Hans

Thank you Hans for this answer,

I know that this is the general way to do this but the lexer is in fact an
external module that I cant modify. I would like to avoid rewriting all the
token and their value in another file. If need to I will but I would to
avoid it in order to have more maintainable source code.

I just want to be sure that Bison do not support this kind of feature (Which
is actually the real purpose of my post here).

Aurelien