Re: action copy options

From: J . K . Wight
Subject: Re: action copy options
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 12:29:58 +0100 (BST)

Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no writes:
> >> It removes all files which are not hostname.eri0... the thing is
> >> that I don't want files toto and tutu to be removed.
>
> Then why not
>
> include=tot include=tutu
>
> also?

On a related note, how would you suggest removing files that match the
include pattern - files that were originally copied for that very
reason, but which should now be deleted because they no longer feature
on the server? Purge specifically doesn't delete included files.

A second copy, specifying

  exclude=* purge=true

will do it, but is only useful in the case where the client can't have
any extra files. I want to mirror part of a directory but allow
individual clients to deviate in other respects from the server's
contents.

Jim