parse errors - editfiles

From: Edward Pena
Subject: parse errors - editfiles
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 12:53:48 -0700 (PDT)

OK, well per my earlier emails I thought I had it figured out by eliminating the
inner loop in the editfiles section.  It did pass the parser, but it does not
update (edit) the file.  Here's the deal:  I need to setup a list of words to
search a file for (in this case, inetd.conf), commenting out any such word found
in the file.  There will be three lists, one for any Sun or HP system, and then
one each specifically for each variant.

Any suggestions?

-ed

http://www.peoplepc.com