Re: processing order, preprocessing, etc.

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: processing order, preprocessing, etc.
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 20:27:53 +0100

"Luke A. Kanies" <luke@madstop.com> writes:

> Because then cfengine isn't in charge of making sure everything looks the
> way it's supposed to.  My goal is to keep all of the configuration data in
> the cfengine configs, and as much as possible of the methods in there also
> (the installation method might be as simple as setting a set of files to
> be pulled down).

Well, my thought was to distribute the script and its config files
with cfengine.  So you still have a central location to fix things.
And does it really matter whether the files you edit centrally are in
cfengine syntax or another syntax?

But maybe your idea of installation was different from what I had in
mind.  I was imagining things like rpm or pkg_add or apt-get where you
mainly have to feed them package names and they will do their things.