Re: processing order, preprocessing, etc.

From: Frank Smith
Subject: Re: processing order, preprocessing, etc.
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 17:01:01 -0600

One possible problem with just letting Google and the list archive
handle it is the handling (or lack of) of attachments.  They often
don't get archived, so you would have to inline the configs, and that
can get messy if you are trying for a hierarchy of config files.
Having them on the main web site is generally much easier to deal
with from the end users perspective, but can be difficult to implement
securely without Mark or someone manually handling it (to avoid ending
up with a warez site).
  I'm not saying the mailing list archive approach wouldn't work, just
pointing out some potential problems.  Having a large archive  of sample
configs in some form is a great idea.

Frank

--On Monday, December 23, 2002 14:31:15 -0800 Nate Campi <nate@campin.net>