help-cgicc

Re: [help-cgicc] session how to, please explain

From: Allan Wind
Subject: Re: [help-cgicc] session how to, please explain
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 22:55:09 -0400

Ben,

On 2005-04-11T22:25:39-0400, Ben Kuang wrote:
> Once the user has logged onto the system, how do I make sure the
> system knows it's the same user until the user logs out?  Any helps
> would be greatly appreciated.

You use cookies, include hidden fields, and/or rewriting of urls to
include a session identifier.  There are a number of ways of handling
session identifiers, it could be a random string you map to a user on
the server side (i.e. in a database), or you could include the
information in session identifer and protect it with hmac.

Your favorite search engine should turn up lots of results.

Good luck,

/Allan