help-debbugs

Emacs 26 not response in shell mode

From: alexei28
Subject: Emacs 26 not response in shell mode
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2018 17:04:10 +0300

Hi!

Windows 10 (64 bit), Emacs 26.1

  1. I download Emacs 26 from here : http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/emacs-26/emacs-26.1-x86_64.zip
  2. Unpack and run pure Emacs (no external packages)
  3. Connect android device to my computer
  4. M-x shell
  5. Run the next command adb logcat -vtime. Tool logcat- is a tool from Google to see android's device logging. It's very helpful.
  6. This tool (logcat) generate many text interactively in shell.
  7. So I press button arrow up and move cursor to the center of screen.
  8. Text is continues to be generated.
  9. And now I press button Enter
  10. As result Emacs not response any more. Show progress bar forever. Nothing help. Only kill Emacs process from Task Manager

Screenshot in attachment.

Why this is happened?

Thanks.