Re: [h-e-w] EmacsW32 filename completion using space bar

From: David Vanderschel
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] EmacsW32 filename completion using space bar
Date: 09 Dec 2006 06:27:13 -0600

On Saturday, December 09, "Lennart Borgman" <address@hidden> wrote:
>The reason that space no longer work for file name
>completion is that file names may contain spaces.

That was no problem in version 20, which I am still
running.  E.g., if I type "c:/Prog ", it completes out
to "c:/Program".  If I then type another space, that
just echoes, as there is a directory name with a space
there.  If I then type yet another space, it completes
out to "c:/Program Files/".  This seems to be a
natural and friendly way for it to behave.  Since it
did so in earlier versions and apparently does no
longer, I would venture that it is now broken.

Regards,
  David V.