Re: [h-e-w] Please test w32-shell-execute

From: andy . ling
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Please test w32-shell-execute
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 14:38:34 +0000

> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Rainer Stengele
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Lennart, I ran the successfully ending tests on Windows XP Prof. SP3
> Thanks Rainer,
> Then we know it can work on XP Pro too.
> I can see no pattern at all in this. Has anyone seen something?

I have had problems with setting/maintaining firefox as the default
browser. Nothing to do with emacs, but it may be related.

This page

mentions the command

firefox.exe -silent -setDefaultBrowser

Which fixed it for me.

There is also more information here

Maybe something here will set whatever is necessary to make emacs work.

Andy Ling

Quantel is the trade name used by Quantel Holdings Limited and its
subsidiaries.  Quantel Holdings Limited is registered in England & Wales.
Registration No: 4004913
Contact details for all Quantel Offices and Companies can be found on our
website or by writing to the holding company.
Registered address: Turnpike Road, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2NX, United