RE: [Help-glpk] binary decision variables, --nomip

From: Linder Wolfgang
Subject: RE: [Help-glpk] binary decision variables, --nomip
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 15:46:32 +0200

--mipgap 100000 actually speeds up the program by a factor 2 or more.
But I found out now which calculations need much time: All constraints which
consider several timesteps at once, for example definitions of ramp-down-time
of production, minimum up- and down time etc. If I leave out these constraints,
the program takes about 15 seconds instead of several minutes which is
comparable with the --nomip option.

Wolfgang Linder
Approvisionnement et Trading
Gestion Court Terme