Re: Divide customer access

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: Divide customer access
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 10:08:08 +0200

At 15:24 12.08.2002 -0500, Ted Serreyn wrote:
Is there a way in gnats to limit customer access to only their prs.  I
noticed that my customers have access to all prs whether they created
them or not.

There is currently no functionality for this in GNATS 3 or 4. You might hack Gnatsweb to limit access, but this would depend on being able to block all ways for people to get unauthorized access (limiting query results, checking PR ownership before allowing a PR to be displayed etc.), and you would also have to limit GNATS access to Gnatsweb users only.

I agree that this is a desirable feature, but it would require a fairly drastic reworking of the GNATS access system and is unlikely to happen in the near future.

Yngve Svendsen
Gnatsweb maintainer