Passwords for users in gnatsd.access

From: Erwin, Richard D
Subject: Passwords for users in gnatsd.access
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 10:38:08 -0700

Folks;

I've figured out how to work the gnatsd.conf vs. gnatsd.access relationship,
but I have a question.

Has anybody set up things so that the gnats administrator doesn't know the
existing passwords for users within gnatsd.access?  Ideally, I'd like to refer
to our NFS server's password file, which has jumbled the passwords into
something even we system administrator's don't know.  The users will want to
use the same passwords for their general accounts, and I don't like having the
passwords be as is within gnatsd.access and thus available to anyone who can
crack the file.

Thanks,
Rich Erwin
Boeing SSG - M&CT Support