Accessing gnatsweb folders selectively within a given database

From: Erwin, Richard D
Subject: Accessing gnatsweb folders selectively within a given database
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 14:50:59 -0700

Folks;

I have someone that wants to restrict access to folders within a given
database.  For example, they want person A to have access to a, b, and c
folders from gnats-adm, but for person B to have access only to folders a and c
from gnats-adm.

Is this possible?  This is on a UNIX system, and my folders within the database
are already set at 700 and are owned by gnats, so I can't use chgrp to modify
access (and I think it won't make a difference, given that they are tightly
held already).

I am assuming at this time that I would have to create /etc/gnatsd.access,
create separate databases for a, b, and c, and then use /etc/gnats.conf and
/etc/gnatsd.access to limit access to each of these folders.

I'm presently using gnats 3.113 and gnatsweb 2.93.

Rich Erwin
Boeing SSG - M&CT Support
(425) 865-3414