Re: Call for new GNATS maintainer

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: Call for new GNATS maintainer
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 20:18:57 +0200

Chad Walstrom wrote:

If all this goes well, that still means only 5% development time in a
40+ hr work week.  Is two hours per week enough?  Obviously, to make
that an effective use of time, I'd have to block it off from other
activities.  I'm already adding personal time for the Debian packages
(although I have the OK to work on software we use for purposes of
installation and maintenance, it's not "officially" development time).
That's probably not that big a problem. I think it is much more important that you are able to regularly spend two hours a week, instead of, say, a full day every fifth week. That way, people who submit patches or contribute otherwise aren't put off by long periods without any feedback.

- Yngve