Re: startup

From: Francesco Scaglioni
Subject: Re: startup
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 11:58:50 GMT

From: Javier@t-online.de (Xaver)
Subject: startup
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 02:47:36 +0200

> Hi,
>
> I can't anderstand were are these startup files and the .emacs file which
> it is mentioned in the FAQ.
>
> Please help. I want to use cygwin bash with emacs.
>
> Thks
>
> Xaver

Unless I am mis-reading things this email sat at gnu for 3 days!!!
Please flame me if wrong.  In answer to your question:

Create your own .emacs file in your home directory and then add to
it.  A search on the web for emacs will produce many links for advice
as to what works where and how in .emacs.   I must confess that none
of my .emacs was written by me - I cribbed examples from the web
(credited where I can).

Good hunting