Re: Emacs 21.3.50 on OS X 10.2.2

From: Chris Waterson
Subject: Re: Emacs 21.3.50 on OS X 10.2.2
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:36:50 -0800

Hugo Wolf wrote:

In article , Chris Waterson wrote:

>The emacs-os/x FAQ mentions bad ju-ju related to fink, so I guess my
>next trick will be uninstalling that... :-(

I have lots of fink packages installed, including texinfo.  Maybe you
need more fink rather than less...

Heh.

I'm happy to post my 10.2.2 Emacs buld somewhere as a .dmg if anyone
has a server I can upload to.  The disk image file is ~ 33MB.  This
build is completely encapsulated as a .app package -- nothing goes in
/usr/local, so no need for an installer.

Thanks for offering.  I did find a binary package here:

<http://www.webweavertech.com/ovidiu/emacs.html>

So I'm at least off the floor.

Hmm, now that I think of it, maybe this is relevant to the build
problems some of you are seeing.  Did you try removing all traces of
the 10.2.1 emacs build from /usr/local?  I don't keep any emacs
components there once the .app is constructed -- that might explain
why I had no problems building.

Worth a try...if I have any luck, I'll post back.

Thanks for the help!

chris