Re: How useful to run GDB and CVS from *WITHIN* Emacs? How helps?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: How useful to run GDB and CVS from *WITHIN* Emacs? How helps?
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 13:47:20 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> Sounds extremely cool.  I should have learned this mode a long time ago,
> but never had a real need for it... would like to give it a go now
> though.
> So how would I:
> - Get from some cvs site the latest version of tramp...?  the full
> package rather than just the diffs?
> - Later on, get the diffs and merge them into the version I have?
> I would imagine that ange-ftp would work (as the background "vehicle")
> to retrieve the files, yes?  IOW, I wouldn't need tramp in order to
> retrieve a later version of tramp... or?

What does Tramp have to do with PCL-CVS or GUD mode?

Tramp is available via FTP and CVS.  Instructions can be found at  If you choose to use CVS,
then "cd" to your working directory and type "cvs update -dP".
That's enough to fetch the diffs to the most recent version and apply
A turnip curses Elvis