Re: Emacs on OS X - configuration package

From: videoxfer
Subject: Re: Emacs on OS X - configuration package
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 13:43:42 GMT

On 2004-03-01, Piet van Oostrum <piet@cs.uu.nl> wrote:
> Well, I don't. The main reason is that I would loose the Alt-keyboard
> function which gives me acces to non-ASCII characters, like the Euro sign
> and accented characters.

True.  You _can_ still enter many accented latin1-specific characters
with the option key even if option is bound to meta.  For instance I
can use opt-u in the usual mac way to enter ü, ö etc.  In fact I just
did.  But as you say, you can't get at everything this way, for
instance I can't use opt-s to enter ß (I did insert-ss to enter that
one).