Special sheet display wanted

From: remi . malatray
Subject: Special sheet display wanted
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 20:39:18 +0000 (UTC)

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find a simple way to display a file containing a sheet
(much larger than the screen) with a header (the field names) which I
want to stay displayed at the top of the screen and scroll
horizontally (but not vertically) with the rest of the sheet body
(while the body itself may still scroll vertically).

I first thought about "header-line", but it stays frozen at the top of
the window : no horizontal scroll as it seems...

Did someone ever tried to display things that way, or is it something
for which "emacs" cannot get used to ?

Thanks for your answer.....