Re: emacs for everything?

From: Daniel Pittman
Subject: Re: emacs for everything?
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 10:16:51 +1100

On 28 Nov 2004, Maciek Pasternacki wrote:
>>> ...except when you try to paste a shell script from
>>> editor/browser/whatever.  Before I had ScreenTerm and could safely
>>> disable hotkey I also used backtick but strange things happening when
>>> pasting textwere annoying.
>> Yeah.  A friend uses C-o, perhaps that's better.  In a shell, you
>> don't use C-o that often, and for the few times, C-o o is good enough,
>> I think.

To duck in here briefly, after *long* consideration, I ended up with my
screen(1) control key on 'C-]', with 'C-] C-]' generating the actual

The logic:  I don't use `abort-recursive-edit' very often at all, and
the only other common tool using that key sequence at all is telnet(1).

Men become civilized, not in proportion to their willingness to believe, but
in proportion to their readiness to doubt.
        -- H. L. Mencken