Re: info files

From: Dan Bensen
Subject: Re: info files
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 18:33:38 -0600

Robert Thorpe wrote:
I see.  People from the corner of the world near Slackware tend to like
"minimalism" as a result they tend not to use Emacs

Really? I thought Slackers were the smartest Linux hackers so they would use the smartest editor. :)

info.  (Understand this isn't a direct allegation against Zenwalk, it's
just been something I've noticed in other Slackware derivatives).
Slackware itself supports Emacs reasonably though.

I'm not entirely happy with ZW, so I may try Slack. Minimalism in ZW includes a lack of install options, lots of missing fonts, no texinfo, nonfunctioning sound, and not the greatest online support in the world. Oh, well. At 400MB, it's a convenient download.