Re: What do you think of new vimpulse-mode which emulates vim keys? (was

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: What do you think of new vimpulse-mode which emulates vim keys? (was: Re: need advice about fixing up my new vimpact-mode, a Vim emulation mode based on viper-mode)
Date: 5 Apr 2007 14:53:33 -0700

Hi Stianse,

On Mar 28, 9:36 am, stia...@gmail.com wrote:
> Great, I just recently discovered viper-mode and vimpulse made it even
> better.

Thank you!  Makes me happy about the time I have spent cleaning up
vimpulse.el for the web.  I am CC'ing your feedback to Alessandro
Piras and Brad Beveridge (I did not write vimpulse.)

> I have only tried it for a couple of days, so I don't have any
> constructive feedback at the moment, except one modification I had to
> make in vimpulse.el. In order to make it work I had to delete the line
>
>     'viper--key-maps
>
> from the function my-get-emulation-keymap(). Without this I got an
> error message telling me that viper--key-maps variable was void,
> resulting in not being able to do anything in emacs (not even close
> the window).  Does this have any impact on the available features in
> vimpulse?

I doubt it has any impact.  But the fact that vimper initially caused
such a serious problem is a serious bug.  Thank you for reporting it.

Where did you get your emacs-snapshot package?  Did you build it
yourself?  If you built a .deb or an RPM yourself and you still have
it handy, would you mind to send me it?  (There are many free file
hosting services; try a Google search for "file hosting".)

Regards,
Jason