Re: info-lookup-symbol

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: info-lookup-symbol
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 16:50:14 +0200

Rehceb Rotkiv wrote:
On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 14:48:00 +0200, Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:

I am using MS Windows and I am just wondering where "break" is on my
keyboard.

It's not a key, but a string that you enter literally! When you are in Info mode, i.e. looking at an info document in Emacs, you can use the function "Info-index", which is bound to "i" by default, to search for a string in the index of the info file -- in this case the Python keyword "break". And as Eli told me, when you press <TAB> instead of <RET> after entering the search string, you get a list of alle index entries containing the search string. Try it out, it's very useful!

HTH,
Rehceb

Ah, thanks. Normal Emacs completion. I have actually never used that in Info ;-)

Yes, that seems useful. I normally just use C-s in Info to free text search across nodes. It is does not take very long time to do this (if you know what you are looking for, of course).