Re: Counting words

From: Colin S. Miller
Subject: Re: Counting words
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 20:42:11 +0100

Wilfred Zegwaard (privé) wrote:
I found the wordcount thing.
I mean specific instances of words. The number of times eg that "the" occurs in a text. But I need to search on specific combinations, like "the exact word", but also a fuzzy search on specific combinations.

Not HTML tags, but specific strings that this package that I use calls TAGS and who are easily identifiable with a string or string combination.

Wilfred

Wilfred,

you can use replace-regexp to do this

Try
M-x replace-regexp
\bthe exact phrase\b
\&

\b means word-boundary,
\& means replace with what was found.

This is a bit nasty, but after the regexp-replace has
finished, it should echo "Replaced xx occurrences"
to the minibuffer.

HTH,
Colin S. Miller

--
Replace the obvious in my email address with the first three letters of the
hostname to reply.