Re: Some questions of a newbie

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Some questions of a newbie
Date: 21 Apr 2007 08:18:36 GMT

Cecil Westerhof wrote:
> Matthew Flaschen wrote:

>>> This gives a:
>>>   Symbol's function definition is void: setq x-select-enable-clipboard t
>>
>> Really?  You put it in .emacs ?
>
> Yes. Could it be because I still use 21.3.1?

i suspect your parentheses aren't balanced or you have too many of them. if
emacs didn't know about x-select-enable-clipboard as a variable, it would
just create it as soon as you call setq on it.

rather, what emacs is telling you is that there is a *function* it doesn't
know about. emacs seems to think that `setq x-select-enable-clipboard t' is
supposed to be a function. that's usually what you get when you do:

((setq some-var blah))

rather than

(setq some-var blah)

--