Re: Emacs 21 or snapshot?

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Emacs 21 or snapshot?
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 20:46:36 +0200

Will Parsons wrote:
David Kastrup wrote:
Then, for heaven's sake, file a bug report.

M-x report-emacs-bug RET

Or you will have the same problem with a _released_ version of Emacs
later.

OK - I have done so.  Despite the best efforts of the Emacs maintainers
it was suprisingly hard to do so.  Since I am working on Corporate WinXP
machine where the only officially sanctioned method of sending e-mail is
Lotus Notes, it was in fact a non-trivial task to figure out how to send
e-mail using Emacs.  (But I did, and feel the better for it.)

Could you please explain why it was difficult to send the bug report mail message?

What should happen when you try to send the bug report in Emacs 22 is that the default Windows mailclient get called.

What happens if you click on mail links in your web browser? Does the default mailclient open up then?