Re: Emacs 21 or snapshot?

From: Maciej Katafiasz
Subject: Re: Emacs 21 or snapshot?
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 10:53:40 +0000 (UTC)

Den Sat, 12 May 2007 08:31:25 +0200 skrev Xavier Maillard:

> If I was not coding modes/packages for GNU Emacs, I would have
> probably sticked to GNU Emacs 21.x, for sure.

Using Emacs 21.x now is simply silly. With 22 being almost there, it's as
much, or more stable than 21.x, and it has *tons* of overall improvements,
from small things like better default keybindings to wholly new modes like
CUA and GDBA being integrated into stock Emacs, vastly better Unicode
support (you no longer need mule-ucs for it to work reliably) and prettier
looks (with GTK+ 2). Whatever your arguments are, they simply don't hold
water for anyone who isn't tied to 21.x by specific package compatibility
issues.

Cheers.
Maciej