Re: Installation problem.

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Installation problem.
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 12:38:03 +0200

Am 04.10.2007 um 11:40 schrieb Warren Oates:

There is no sense in doing so! The Carbon Emacsen can be run in
Terminal without window: /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs
-nw.[...]

This is of course true. I'm a suspenders and a belt kind of guy, though,
and I like putting cli stuff in /usr/local, and GUI stuff in
/Applications; separation of church and state and all that.

Are you expressing that you create in addition to the Carbon GUI one other 80 MB installation with a non-windowing GNU Emacs? Like Apple is putting into /usr/bin and /usr/share/emacs, but solely?

--
Greetings

  Pete

You can learn many things from children.  How much patience you have,
for instance.
                -- Franklin P. Jones