Re: Emacs bindings in other programs

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: Emacs bindings in other programs
Date: 31 Oct 2007 18:52:25 +0100

> > What happens to me all the time is that I hit C-x b and expect emacs
> > switch to the dvi or pdf viewer, or konqueror or whatever, or, if in such
> > an application, switch back to emacs...
>
> With doc-view.el you can view your dvi/pdf files directly inside Emacs.

Yes, but I'm really after something else.  There will always be applications
that are "outside" of emacs but nevertheless great to use.

Apart from that, I'd be surprised if docview were as fast as a traditional
viewer for larger documents.  (Especially when I'm editing them, so caching
won't help)

Martin