Re: Suppressing load messages

From: Joel J. Adamson
Subject: Re: Suppressing load messages
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:04:50 -0400

Brendan Halpin <brendan.halpin@ul.ie> writes:

> jadamson@partners.org (Joel J. Adamson) writes:
>
>> If you want behavior like Perl or Python (output to STDOUT), then you
>> should figure out a way to divert STDERR from inside Emacs.  I tried
>
> That's not necessary, since the print family of commands will write to
> STDOUT, and it is useful to be able to use message to write to STDERR.

Huh?  Then what do you want?  Do you want to see only STDOUT on the
screen?  Do you want to capture it in a file?

Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson
Biostatistician

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only
for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential
use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and
properly dispose of this information.