Re: emacs 22.2 with gmail POP

From: Alexandru Cardaniuc
Subject: Re: emacs 22.2 with gmail POP
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 16:06:08 -0700

Memnon Anon <address@hidden> writes:

> Great, how this group/mailinglist works!

> Joel J. Adamson schrieb:
>> Debian might be the problem: is there something in site-start.el
>> that might screw with your settings?

> I am a long time debian user, but I am quite new to emacs. I am not
> sure. But I trust debian ;). So I think, no ...

>> I don't need to use fetchmail! I think there's another solution.
>> Trust me, CVS Emacs is very usable, and it has many great features
>> that are well worth it.

> Great if it works for you! (Really *no irony tag*) But, only to get a
> quite new emacs, I switched from stable to testing (name says
> everything, I guess). I like linux, I like Debian, and there is not a
> chance I will go *any* further than I already did. I would rather like
> to help the debian distribution to fix this problem. Thats why I asked
> the OP: Do you use Debian?! *ping* That would ease my discomfort,
> filing a bug.

Yes! I use Debian Testing/Lenny distribution. And it worked fine with
Emacs 21 with the same settings.

"The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting
started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small
manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one."
- Mark Twain (1835-1910)