Re: Indenting paragraphs manually

From: Le Wang
Subject: Re: Indenting paragraphs manually
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 13:04:09 +0800

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 7:47 PM, Dani Moncayo <dmoncayo@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, I know that way of indenting several lines, but IMO it's too
laborious. I'd like to have a more agile way.

 My comment about cua-mode rectangles seems to have gottel lost in the shuffle.   IMO, this is the "agile" way to get exactly what you want.

1. evaluate (assuming you want no part of cua bindings)

(setq cua-enable-cua-keys 'emacs)
  ;; <kp-enter> rotates around the rectangle corners, if "RET" gets overriden
(cua-selection-mode 1)
2. select region you want, press C-enter, and your selection becomes a rectangle.   If the point isn't on the left side of the rectangle, press Enter until it moves there.

3. press Tab, space, backspace, whatever to change the indentation.  cua-mod rectangle remains selected.

--
Le