Re: (require ...) and file dependencies.

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: (require ...) and file dependencies.
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2015 03:12:55 +0100

Oleksandr Gavenko <gavenkoa@gmail.com> writes:

> But what to do with: Warning: the function `...' is
> not known to be defined.

Yes, use (require '...) for not only the Emacs stuff
but also everything you do. Put (provide '...) last
and you're all set.

> Seems that proper way to fix issue is by rearranging
> dependency hierarchy by breaking dependency cycles,
> isn't?

You are right, *but*, when you put it that way it
seems like almost some government-backed scientific
endeavor!

It is very simple: just constantly arrange the source
files so that what is similar is close to each other.
E.g., you write A, then you write B, then you write a,
ah, that's close to A, let's put it there, so you have
A, a, and B, you write b - BAM! - time to make two
files: A, a, and B, b.

Just make a habit of doing this constantly: arrange,
break, provide, require.

Don't be afraid to have tons of files, some that might
be very short indeed!

It is not difficult, so I'm not even going to say
"good luck" this time. Or did I...

--
underground experts united