help-gnu-music

Re: German (?) notation

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: German (?) notation
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 22:11:55 +0200

Thomas Willhalm wrote:

> 2. What I also know from school and many songs is a method to notate
> chords: use "C" for "c major" and "c" for "c minor". Is it possible to
> let LilyPond use this notation? (In the output, not in the input;
> "a:min" is fine for me.)

This is really bad habbit, and a faulty heritance from tonic scale
notation, where (C means C-major scale, c means C-minor scale).
I have currently no idea of how to do this.
How do you want the accidentals typeset? I assume # and b on the major
chords, "is" / "es" on minor chords. How do you want alterations? I
assume C7 = C7, c7 = Cm7

-Rune