help-gnu-music

Re: Lyrics spacing

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Lyrics spacing
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 07:37:51 +0200

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote (long time ago, as a reply to a message on
bug-gnu-music):

> I don't understand, why didn't you try the directions for multistanza
> music (see ref man)

I don't understand what you mean.
The only "directions for multistanza music" I can find are the ones
labeled "more stanzas" and they do not mention centering on shifted
notes - nor can I get it to work.
And to fresh up your mind: the problem is that "baz" is typeset too far
to the left.

> address@hidden writes:
> > \include "norsk.ly"
> >
> > \header {
> > texidoc ="``baz'' should be centered on the a (tenor voice), but it is
> > not.";
> > }
> >
> > \version "1.3.140";
> >
> > sop = \notes \transpose c''  {e2 e fis1 }
> > alt = \notes \relative c' {cis2 e e d }
> > ten = \notes \relative c' {a2 a a1 }
> > txt = \lyrics {foo2 bar baz jazz }
> >
> > \score {
> >     <
> >       \context Staff = up \notes <
> >           \context Voice=sopv {\stemUp \sop}
> >           \context Voice=altv {\stemDown \alt}
> >       >
> >       \context Staff = down \notes < \clef "F";
> >           \context Voice=tenv {\stemUp \ten}
> >       >
> >       \context Lyrics = la { \txt }
> >     >