help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] (no subject)

From: Harmeet Sodhi
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] (no subject)
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 09:18:22 +0530

hi,

I am trying to run GNU-RADIUS on Linux(radius server)
But it fails on bind in radiusd.c

 sin = (struct sockaddr_in *) & salocal;
        memset ((char *) sin, '\0', sizeof (salocal));
        sin->sin_family = AF_INET;
        sin->sin_addr.s_addr = htonl(ipaddr);
        sin->sin_port = htons(port);

        if (bind (fd, &salocal, sizeof (*sin)) < 0) {
                radlog(L_CRIT|L_PERROR, "%s bind", type);
                exit(1);
It gives the error : address already in use.
On running gdb it seems the bind is called again even though in C code
its called once in the open_socket function.

the bind is in some lib, i suppose the network socket library.
If anyone has encountered this problem please do give me some
inputs why this is happening?

Regards,

Harmeet S Sodhi