help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Multiple SQL Servers / Feature Request?

From: Gerald
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Multiple SQL Servers / Feature Request?
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 10:58:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 1 Jun 2003, Lewis Watson wrote:

> I am using gnu Radius with MySQL and would like to do authentication with
> one MySQL server and accounting with a different MySQL server.

Check my post from a while back with what we did. Run 2 instances of
gnu-radius is the short answer though until we get the support added in
which should be soon. :-)

http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-radius/2002-07/msg00078.html

> I would also like to be able to specify a fallback sql server for
> each(jic :). Is there a way to specify more than one SQL host and if so;
> how?

Using the 2 instances of gnu-radius running, point your RAS box to 1 port
for primary acct records and another port for failover accounting records.
(Both Cisco and USR support modifying the accounting/auth port.)

Gerald