help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Malformed username errors

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Malformed username errors
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 02:04:06 +0300

Hi Charles,

> I'm trying to track down where this is coming from.  I guess what I'm
> asking for is some more debug info.  In this case, I'd really like to see
> what the malformed username is.

No problem. Use log prefix hook (default_log_prefix). The
config file shipped with version 1.2 includes it by default.

To enable it manually, add to your 'rewrite' section the following
statement:

load "log-hook.rw";

and to 'logging' section statement:

prefix-hook "default_log_prefix";

See raddb/config for an example and visit the following links:

http://www.gnu.org/software/radius/manual/html_node/radius_23.html#SEC33
http://www.gnu.org/software/radius/manual/html_node/radius_113.html#SEC197

for the detailed information about logging hooks.

As an example, here is a short sample from my today's logs:

Jun 03 01:37:53.883567 [16988]: Auth.error: (Access-Request nas7 95
"address@hidden" CLID=489301458 CSID=990): Malformed username

The part in parentheses says that this access-request has come
from nas7 (defined in my naslist) with request ID 95 and user
name "address@hidden". Caller phone number (CLID) and called number (CSID)
are also included.

> I'd also love to see some more generic debug info like where a request
> comes from (request source ip, NAS-IP, etc.).

You may modify the debugging hook to display any additional
info you need.

Regards,
Sergey