help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] More Authentication Questions

From: Roger E McClurg
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] More Authentication Questions
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:41:16 -0400

I installed a global GNU Radius 1.1 system for a customer and it works
beautifully. My thanks to everyone on the GNU Radius team. Recently the
client has expressed interest in wireless, and would like to authenticate
with EAP-TLS. Does GNU Radius support EAP-TLS or any of 802.1X yet? If not,
are there plans to add it in the near future?

On a different topic. The client is interested in strong authentication for
certain applications such as RAS, and has been thinking of combining the
use of X.509 certificates (something you have) with a UserID/Password
combination (something you know). Is there any way I can make such a scheme
work in GNU Radius?

Thanks for the help.

Best Regards,

Roger McClurg