help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] profiles in hints not reply to NAS

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] profiles in hints not reply to NAS
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 18:11:39 +0300

Hello,

sy sy <address@hidden> wrote:

> In fact that reply items in hints file are not sent to NAS.So Why ?

RHS from hints are *never* sent back to the requesting
NAS. (That's why we don't call them "reply items".) They are added
to the incoming request items. Please, refer to

http://www.gnu.org/software/radius/manual/html_node/radius_15.html#SEC18

for the detailed description of raddb/hints, its purpose and
functionality.

You will find more information on the subject, including some
examples at:

http://www.gnu.org/software/radius/manual/html_node/radius_51.html#SEC120

> So I define hints profile as following:
>   DEFAULT Suffix = ".abc"
>         Strip-User-Name =  No,
>         Simultaneous-Use = 1,
>         Service-Type = Outbound-User,
>         Cisco-AVPair = "auth-proxy:priv-lvl=15",
>         Cisco-AVPair = "auth-proxy:proxyacl#1=permit tcp any any eq 80",

Remove it.

> and users file as following:
> guest.abc  Auth-Type = Local,
>                User-Password = "guest"
>                NULL

Rewrite it as follows:

BEGIN  Suffix = ".abc"
       Strip-User-Name =  No,
       Simultaneous-Use = 1,
       Service-Type = Outbound-User,
       Cisco-AVPair = "auth-proxy:priv-lvl=15",
       Cisco-AVPair = "auth-proxy:proxyacl#1=permit tcp any any eq 80",

guest.abc  Auth-Type = Local,
                User-Password = "guest"
           NULL

Regards,